[ofa-general] Re: re [NET]: Fix neighbour destructor handling

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Apr 10 08:30:03 PDT 2007

> Quoting Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz at voltaire.com>:
> Subject: Re: re [NET]: Fix neighbour destructor handling
>
> Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> >Bonding is basically broken for IPoIB, both before and after this patch.
> >And BTW, while Moni's patch seems to make things crash less frequently for
> >him,
> >it does not really fix this. I hope he'll post something more robust
> >before OFED 1.2 is out.
>
> I did followed most of the discussions between you and MoniS re the
> ipoib/bonding integration in OFED 1.2 and elsewhere, however: i don't
> see why "bonding is basically broken for ipoib", if you don't mind,
> please tell me the bottom line from your perspective.

I'm not sure how you could have missed it.

Here are the couple of links that archive search threw up:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.openib/37516/focus=37539
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.openib/38074/focus=38075

> I do want to get progress with ipoib/bonding using the patchset to
> bonding I have posted to netdev and MoniS ipoib neigh_cleanup patch.
>
> Taking your brokenness claim into account, i will first post an RFC to
> the openib general list so we can discuss it first there.

I really think you guys should try and address all the concerns
raised on the general list before reposting RFCs. I wouldn't want to
write them out all over again.

--
MST