[ofa-general] RE: IPoIB bonding document ?

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Thu Apr 19 07:28:40 PDT 2007

> > Or:
> > 	the doc is too short, I hope to get some technical details.
> > Suppose "ib-bond --bond-ip 192.186.10.100 --slaves ib0,ib2"
> > during regular operation time, only ib0 has traffic, ib2 is
> NOT used,
> > right ?
> Right

What is the definition of ib0, ib1 ?

Are these the IB device returned by ibv_devinfo command and in that
order ?
I was learned a while back that ibv_get_debvice_list() does not return
consistent results.

Or are these the IPoIB interfaces ? then the bond-ip must be different
from these two IPs, right ?
then question is, can I use all the three IPs in the same time ?

> > 	When ib0 fails, TCP fail-over to ib2. Then ib0 is
> repaired(replace a
> > cable/switch, for example). Later when ib2 fails, can TCP fail-over
> > back to ib0 again ?
> Yes.

When TCP tries to fail-back to ib0, does it need to know that ib0 is
back online again, and how does it know ?
If TCP just blindly fail-over from one interface to another, what happen
if both interfaces are bad ?

Thanks.
--CQ