[ofa-general] Re: IPoIB bonding document ?

Moni Shoua monis at voltaire.com
Thu Apr 19 07:44:30 PDT 2007

Tang, Changqing wrote:

> What is the definition of ib0, ib1 ?
>
> Are these the IB device returned by ibv_devinfo command and in that
> order ?
No, ib0 and ib1 are the names of the IPoIB interfaces.
ibv_devinfo shows IB port information
> I was learned a while back that ibv_get_debvice_list() does not return
> consistent results.
>
> Or are these the IPoIB interfaces ? then the bond-ip must be different
> from these two IPs, right ?
> then question is, can I use all the three IPs in the same time ?

Not exactly. the ibX interfaces should not have IP addresses at all.
So, bond IP is the only IP you deal with.
When you enslave ib interface (with ib-bond) the ibX interfaces will get the address of the
bond interface.