[ofa-general] opensmd init.d script question

John Partridge johnip at sgi.com
Wed Apr 25 13:05:26 PDT 2007

Hi Hal,

I am working on a new SGI product that will have two separate InfiniBand fabrics.
Each of these fabrics may have a different topology and could be running one of
a number of routing engines (i.e. lash or up/dn) the Subnet Management for both
fabrics will run on one host (leader node). Out of the box OFED-1.2 does
not have a good way to achieve managing this. Ideally I would like to have the
flexibility of chkconfig controlling each fabric (i.e., ib0 ib1), but, I have
found that the insserv mechanism has severe limitations. BTW we are running
SuSE Sles10.

I just wonder if you had come across this kind of config and if you have any ideas
about how you see this working. It looks like I need to have more than one opensmd
(one for each fabric) but that is looking like it will not work either because
of the insserv limitations.

Any help or advice you have would be appreciated.

Thanks
John

--
John Partridge