[ofa-general] Re: initial set of "direct" SDP tests in netperf

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Wed Apr 25 14:58:29 PDT 2007

Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen) wrote:
> Rick, I still think this is unecessary copy-paste code duplication, just
> so the report says SDP instead of TCP.  Part of the advantage of
> libsdp.so is you can use SDP w/o having to recode your application.

Understood.

> Do you really want to maintain duplicate code for all the
> TCP_STREAM-vs-SDP_STREAM, etc. tests?  Yuck!

If it gets too heinous it will simply, finally force me to further
modularize the code so there isn't as much overlap.

After about 14 years of "netperf-in-the-wild" now I have seen enough
that I want to make sure that if SDP is being used, that SDP is what
appears in the test banners.  Or at least make it possible to be so,
clearly I cannot (and likely wouldn't) do anything in netperf to try to
preclude using libsdp.

happy benchmarking,

rick jones