[ofa-general] Re: [RFC] IB management changes proposal

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu Apr 26 07:46:35 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 01:02, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> > > There also some few commands (ib*.pl) that are using a file
> > > /tmp/ibnetdiscover.topology.  I suggest /var/cache/ibnetdiscover.topology
> >
> > I'm not sure about this one. I need to think about this more.
>
> Not sure about the best placement, but surely a predictable name
> in a world-writeable directory is a security risk?

Is /var/cache world writeable ? I thought it was just world readable. If
this were to be done, I would think the opensm directory underneath this
would be more appropriate but I'm not leaning towards doing this since I
think the current approach is more flexible and the topology can be
supplied to all needed commands/scripts.