[ofa-general] [RFC] the never ending search for SA scalability

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Aug 10 17:22:29 PDT 2007

>I'd like to propose the following change as a simple solution for handling SA
>scalability problems:
>
>Modify the ib_sa module to support an SA LID that's separate from the SM LID.
>
>This concept is supported by the spec through SA redirection; however, I
>propose that we also allow the SA LID to be set manually by an administrator.

Roland,

Is the following an acceptable approach for this?

Add a class device file to the ib_sa that allows setting all SA redirection
parameters (SL, LID, PKey, QP - with processing similar to SRP's add_target).

/sys/class/infiniband_sa/sa-mthca-0/redirect_sa

Alternatively, I can use a module parameter to redirect only the SA LID.