[ofa-general] ethernet an infiniband bonds ?

Selzner, Peter (KRZ) P.Selzner at KRZ.DE
Tue Aug 14 15:21:17 PDT 2007

Hi,

can enyone describe the right way to build both (ethernet and
infiniband/ipoib) bonds on an linux machine PLEASE.
We have problems to realize our wanted architecture with 2 eth-bonds
(bond0 - eth0,eth2 and bond1 - eth1,eth3) and 1 inf-bond
(ibbond0 - ib0,ib1). Should we make this with the "classic" way over the
configuration files in /etc/sysconfig/network (SLES 10)
or with the /etc/inifiniabnd/openib.conf file, but is this the right
file to configure eth-bonds?
If necessery to publish my configuration files let me known and i will
do this, but for the first time it would be very helpfull to get
basic information about this stuff.

Many thanks in advance.
Peter Selzner