[ofa-general] MPI IB Errors

Bernd Schubert bs at q-leap.de
Thu Aug 23 05:18:16 PDT 2007

On Thursday 23 August 2007 14:02:29 you wrote:

> what do these modules control?
> I assume some sort of RDMA function...

Don't ask me ;) All I know it that I have to load these modules manually.

> Unfortunately, the RDMA module load didn't help... a simple "hello_world"
> application still returns ::
>
> libibverbs: Fatal: no infiniband class devices found.
> No IB device found

Please try to test using the ofed tools first, 'dtest' always does the job for
me.

Besides loading these modules I also had to 'chmod
a+rw /dev/infiniband/uverbs0', otherwise it only worked as root.

Cheers,
Bernd

--
Bernd Schubert