[ofa-general] SDP and iWARP in OFED 1.2?

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Fri Dec 14 09:36:06 PST 2007

Craig Prescott wrote:

> Hi;
>
> I am trying run the netperf SDP_STREAM test between a
> pair of Chelsio S310-SR iWARP cards in x86_64 hosts
> (CentOS 5.0, OFED 1.2).
>
> My netperf client command starts like so:
>
> [root at tebow1 ~]# LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/libsdp.so
> /opt/netperf/bin/netperf -l 10 -H xx.xx.xx.xx -L yy.yy.yy.yy -c -C -t
> SDP_STREAM
> SDP STREAM TEST from yy.yy.yy.yy (yy.yy.yy.yy) port 0 AF_INET to
> xx.xx.xx.xx (xx.xx.xx.xx) port 0 AF_INET
>
> And then the client panics.  The RIP on the console refers to
> ib_sdp:sdp_connected_handler, and I can see rdma_cm:cma_iw_handler
> and iw_cm:cm_work_handler in the traceback.  From strace on the
> client, the last output I get is:
>
> connect(8, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(12865),
> sin_addr=inet_addr("128.227.253.92")}, 128
>
> I can see the connection on the netserver host in sdpnetstat:
>
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address
> sdp        0      0 xx.xx.xx.xx:51804       yy.yy.yy.yy:48590
>
> My libsdp.conf on both hosts is very simple:
>
> use both server * *:*
> use both client * *:*
>
> The hosts I'm using also have 4X SDR IB HCAs (mthca),
> if that matters.  The SDP_STREAM test runs perfectly
> over IB.
>
> Is SDP on iWARP supposed to work in OFED 1.2?  Any advice
> or hints on getting it working would be most appreciated.

Unfortunately, SDP over Chelsio's iWARP rnic hasn't been tested at all
and is not supported.

Also, if you want to use RDMA over Chelsio's rnic, I recommend you get
the latest 1.2.5.4 daily build which has all the current cxgb3 fixes
included.

Alsoalso, Chelsio has TOE/Sockets drivers available on their web site to
support full TCP offload via the sockets interface.  Checkout
http://service.chelsio.com for the source.

Steve.