[ofa-general] SDP and iWARP in OFED 1.2?

Craig Prescott prescott at hpc.ufl.edu
Fri Dec 14 11:00:46 PST 2007

Steve Wise wrote:

> Craig Prescott wrote:

<snip>
>> Is SDP on iWARP supposed to work in OFED 1.2?  Any advice
>> or hints on getting it working would be most appreciated.
>>

> Unfortunately, SDP over Chelsio's iWARP rnic hasn't been tested at all
> and is not supported.
>
> Also, if you want to use RDMA over Chelsio's rnic, I recommend you get
> the latest 1.2.5.4 daily build which has all the current cxgb3 fixes
> included.
>
> Alsoalso, Chelsio has TOE/Sockets drivers available on their web site to
> support full TCP offload via the sockets interface.  Checkout
> http://service.chelsio.com for the source.

Thanks for the advice!  I will try out the 1.2.5.4 daily build
on our hosts with the Chelsio RNICs and visit service.chelsio.com.
I am still interested in SDP on iWARP, though - are there any
OFED-supported RNICs over which SDP would work?

As I mentioned, the nodes with the Chelsio RNICs also have mthca
devices connected to our IB fabric.  Are 1.2 and 1.2.5.x meant to
be interoperable?

Thanks,
Craig