[ofa-general] Upgrade HCA Firmware from 4.6.0 to 4.8.200

Adit Ranadive adit.262 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:44:52 PST 2007

Hi,

I was trying to perform an upgrade from the version 4.6.0 to the
version 4.8.200 as given on the Mellanox site.
I have the follwoing HCA:
InfiniBand: Mellanox Technologies MT25208 InfiniHost III Ex (Tavor
compatibility mode) (rev a0) - from lspci

(from ibv_devinfo)
fw_ver:                         4.6.0
       node_guid:                      0005:ad00:0005:4208
       sys_image_guid:                 0005:ad00:0005:420b
       vendor_id:                      0x05ad
       vendor_part_id:                 25208
       hw_ver:                         0xA0
       phys_port_cnt:                  2

I tried the following firmware versions from the mellanox site
(http://www.mellanox.com/support/firmware_table_IH3Ex.php) :
MHEL-CF128-T
MHEL-CF128
Both are giving me the Invariant sector mismatch error.

Most of the other ones on the website give any error saying that they
are not compatible with this HCA.

Is there a new/correct version which can be used to upgrade my HCA?
Also I am using flint to burn the image.

Thanks,
Adit
--
Adit Ranadive