[ofa-general] Re: some questions on stale connection handling at the IB CM

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Wed Dec 19 03:20:45 PST 2007

Sean Hefty wrote:
>> I don't see what the user can do for the case of the CM detecting a
>> remote qpn match, if they will continue to use the same qpn this will
>> happen in an endless loop, correct?

> I guess so.

So in the case of lost DREQ etc, in cm_match_req() we will pass the
checking for duplicate REQs but fall in the check for stale connections
and it can happen in endless loop? this seems like a bug to me.

Can't the CM use the remote QPN database to synthesize a disconnect on
the stale connection in that case?

>> Is there anything the IB stack can do here to make apps coding simpler?

> Not explicitly.  Although after I thought about it more, I do like the idea of
> using LAP/APR messages as a sort of keep-alive.

Yes, this seems to be able to solve the keep-alive thing in a generic
fashion for all ULPs using the IB CM, will you be able to look on this
during the next weeks or so?

Or.