[openib-general] idea for ofed 1 2 kernel file structure

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Feb 5 06:20:25 PST 2007

 > I looked a current ofed 1.2 kernel tree and there is 1 thing I dislike:
 > It is hard to see changes that are specific to OFED since we have whole
 > kernel history mixed in.

I'm not sure how you have your branches set up, but if you have
something like a "linus" branch that tracks the upstream kernel, it's
easy to do stuff like "git log linus.." or "git diff linus.. drivers/infiniband"
and see the differences that way.

Using git that way (which is what it's designed for, after all) seems
better than some scripts to munge together two trees.

 - R.