[openib-general] Unknown SMP Recv

Michael Arndt michael.arndt at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Feb 9 09:14:49 PST 2007

Hi,

 > umad_send takes the timeout in msec. 100 msec is too short. Try
> something on the order of seconds. Note also that negative 'timeout_ms'
> value makes the kernel wait for the reply forever.

 I have tried many values, but sooner or later the umad_send broke down,
which is bad because the SM thinks a port or node is unreachable if there
didn't come an response. All works fine if I sleep after every send but that
can't be the right track. What can I do or is there a known bug in the
libibumad that I have slipped?

I modified the __osm_state_mgr_sweep_hop_1 function so it send not just one
packets with [0][1] but also [0][1][1], [0][1][1][1]. Any there it happens
too that one packet is not be sent sometimes. I'm wondering because if the
SM get all PortInfos from an switch there are be many sends too, but it
seems be that it works.

Is the packet size for the umad_send 256 max?

Thanks Michael