[openib-general] Unknown SMP Recv

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Feb 9 10:12:56 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 12:14, Michael Arndt wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  > umad_send takes the timeout in msec. 100 msec is too short. Try
> > something on the order of seconds. Note also that negative 'timeout_ms'
> > value makes the kernel wait for the reply forever.
>
> I have tried many values, but sooner or later the umad_send broke down,
> which is bad because the SM thinks a port or node is unreachable if there
> didn't come an response. All works fine if I sleep after every send but that
> can't be the right track. What can I do or is there a known bug in the
> libibumad that I have slipped?

I have no clue; I don't really understand what you have changed so it is
hard to know.

> I modified the __osm_state_mgr_sweep_hop_1 function so it send not just one
> packets with [0][1] but also [0][1][1], [0][1][1][1].

I don't understand what you are trying to do and the scope of your
changes.

>  Any there it happens too that one packet is not be sent sometimes.

I can't parse this sentence.

> I'm wondering because if the SM get all PortInfos from an switch
> there are be many sends too, but it seems be that it works.

Yes, the SM will poll for each port on a switch for its PortInfo and
each of these is a separate SubnGet.

> Is the packet size for the umad_send 256 max?

It depends on the MAD type. SMPs are limited to a single MAD (256 bytes)
whereas GMPs can be larger if the class supports RMPP (as SA does).

-- Hal