[openib-general] bad port physstate

yipeeyipeeyipeeyipee yipeeyipeeyipeeyipee at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 07:53:11 PST 2007

Hi,

It seems like I've stumbled into some sort of bug in the port info mad query.
I have several pc's connected to an IB switch.
On one of the machines I have an OpenIB installation, and on one pc I
continuously run a management utility that sweeps the fabric (using
ibnetdiscover from management/diags/ibnetdiscover/). At one point in time after
another slow-booting pc boots, ibnetdiscover fails during its fabric sweep and
the IB_ATTR_PORT_INFO query to the sweeping node's ib port fails returning a
physstate == 6 (LinkErrorRecovery).
When I check the /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/ports/1/state I get "4: ACTIVE".

Is there some known issue with port info mad queries? Could this be somehow
related to mixed SDR/DDR switch and hcas? Maybe someone here knows how to
workaround this issue?

Thanks