[openib-general] OFA 1.2 tarball creation

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Feb 19 14:38:55 PST 2007

>How exactly is various developers' source code pulled together to create
>the nightly OFA tarballs at www.openfabrics.org/builds (could this be
>put on the wiki somewhere?)?  I went looking to see if some of Sean's
>work on RDMA CM had made it into these tarballs, and am not seeing code
>with the patches I'm looking for.

I do not know how OFED creates their tarballs or manages their source.

>The exact patch I'm after was 'rdma_cm: allow joins to return a unique
>address'.  I remember seeing this patch on the ofed_1_2 branch in Sean's
>rdma-dev git repository about two weeks ago, though I don't see the
>ofed_1_2 branch anymore (the patch does exist on the multicast branch).
>  Sean, was this patch supposed to make it to the nightly 1.2 tarballs?

Assuming that ~vlad/ofed_1_2.git is the OFED kernel tree, then this patch does
not appear to be included.  I was asked by OFED to publish an ofed_1_2 branch,
which I did, but I do not know if it was used in constructing the OFED tree.
The patch was intended to go into OFED.