[openib-general] mpi over IB

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue Feb 27 03:43:36 PST 2007

During the installation process, the OFED installer should have asked
you if you wanted to install Open MPI and/or MVAPICH.  Both of these
MPI implementations are capable of communicating natively over the IB
interface.

Running MPI applications with Open MPI should natively choose the IB
interface at run time if your IB network is up and running properly
(e.g., try running ibv_devinfo to ensure that ports are listed in the
PORT_ACTIVE state, etc.).  I assume that the same is true with
MVAPICH as well.