[openib-general] [RFC] IB/ipoib: Asynchronous events delivered without port parameter.

Moni Levy monil at voltaire.com
Tue Feb 27 05:02:50 PST 2007

Hello,
    I did a short code review of the ipoib code concentrating on
partitioning support and I mentioned that the asynchronous events
handler in the ipoib code does not take the port number reported in
the event record into consideration. The effect of that is that all of
the ib# devices related to that specific HCA are flushed when it seems
to me that only the relevant port one should be. Is that done on
purpose, or am I missing something ?

Thanks,
Moni

p.s. I'm working on a patch that should solve another issue caused by
PKEY reordering & ipoib behavior and the above issue further
complicates things for me.