[openib-general] librdmacm and udapl: Which git branch to use in ofed_1_2 build

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Jan 22 09:40:06 PST 2007

> Quoting Sean Hefty <mshefty at ichips.intel.com>:
> Subject: Re: librdmacm and udapl: Which git branch to use in ofed_1_2 build
>
> > ~shefty/librdmacm.git
> >    master
> >    rdma_ucm-abi3*
>
> This goes with the 2.6.20 kernel.
>
> >    multicast
>
> This goes with the multicast branch of my rdma-dev git tree.
>
> IMO, OFED should determine which features they want and pull in the appropriate
> branch.  I know that Voltaire would like the multicast feature, but require a
> couple of changes to the code before its usable for them.

Sean, this is not a decision we as OFED maintaners need/can take, this is up to
you as maintainer to decide whether features planned for OFED
(such as multicast) can be in librdmacm release 1.0 and can be ready by feature freeze.
If there is a conflict, please raise the flag, and we'll try to reach consensus.

Where will you branch release 1.0 from? Since we agreed OFED will be based
on release 1.0 of librdmacm, this is what OFED shall take.

--
MST