[openib-general] I created a git tree for the libibverbs man pages

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Jan 30 08:42:19 PST 2007

Roland Dreier wrote:
>  > I created a git tree for the libibverbs man pages in the path:
>  > ~dotanb/libibverbs_man_pages.git
>
> Great, I was just about to ask for your latest work so that I can
> start reviewing the man pages and merging them.
>
> However, what's the URL of your git tree...
> never mind, git://git.openfabrics.org/~dotanb/libibverbs_man_pages.git
> worked for me.

sorry, i thought that this info is obvious so i didn't send the full URL.
> So just starting in alphabetical order, I see
>
>     $ cat man3/ibv_ack_async_event.3
>     .so  man3/ibv_get_async_event.3
>     $

Instead of create a file duplication, this is the best way to do it
(other man pages uses the same trick)
> And it looks like many other files are stubs too.  What are your plans
> for continuing to write man pages?
>
>  - R.

I have the following issues in my "to do list":

* I still need to update the man page of the ibv_get_cq_event page
* I plan to add an example for non blocked polling of events for the
pages of ibv_get_cq_event and ibv_get_async_event
* If you are planning to add the MR reregister verb, i will add a man
page for it as well.
* If i will get any request / problem report from anyone, i will fix it

I hope to finish those issues soon.

thanks
Dotan