[ofa-general] Re: Re: IPoIB-CM UC mode

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Tue Jul 3 02:55:48 PDT 2007

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
>> Quoting Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz at voltaire.com>:

>> Yes, I know that there is a way to register for kernel level neighbour
>> update events, so on each neighbour update, ipoib cm reconnects, plus
>> you can remove the fast path memcmp we do today on the remote GUID, and
>> we done :)

> In the typical case (remote side reboots) both the GID and the UD QPN stay the
> same, so it seems there won't be any neighbour update, right?  If so, while
> playing with neighbour update events might get us data path speed-up, it will
> not solve the problem of detecting the connection is alive.

I don't think we should give up here, first there might be a way (event)
and if not lets change the kernel :) to know that the neighbouring
subsystem issued a broadcast arp on a nieghbour. Second, let me think...

What did the people who wrote the RFC said about the need /
implementation of liveness protocol?

Or.