[ofa-general] Re: Re: IPoIB-CM UC mode

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Tue Jul 3 03:29:47 PDT 2007

Or Gerlitz wrote:
> Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:

>> In the typical case (remote side reboots) both the GID and the UD QPN
>> stay the same, so it seems there won't be any neighbour update, right?  If so,
>> while playing with neighbour update events might get us data path speed-up,
>> it will not solve the problem of detecting the connection is alive.

> Second, let me think...

OK, if IPoIB-CM was using bi-directional connection, problem is solved,
since the remote side re-connects (to send the ARP reply) and either the
CM or IPoIB-CM the CM consumer invalidates the existing connection.

Also with uni-directional connections, when the remote side re-connects
to us, it can put in the private data its RX QPN (or 0 if there's no
such). The ipoib-cm CM callback can compare this QPN against what it
knows on the remote and if its different, re-connect. This can be
further simplified, but lets first take it high-level.

Can you remind me what was --the-- reasoning for uni directional
connections?

Or.