[ofa-general] OFED July 2, meeting summary on next OFED plans

Bob Kossey bob.kossey at hp.com
Tue Jul 3 10:53:39 PDT 2007

Hal Rosenstock wrote:

>> HP: Full ConnectX support, installation/packaging changes,
>> Perfmon independent of OpenSM.
>>

> What do you mean by "Perfmon independent of OpenSM" ?
>
> -- Hal

I interpreted from the exchange below that there is a dependency between
PerfMgr and OpenSM.  If that is not accurate, or if it will be
eliminated, great.

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 03:24, Eitan Zahavi wrote:
>/ > On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 14:23, Eitan Zahavi wrote:
/>/ > > In the last months it is the second time I hear people
/>/ > complaining the
/>/ > > current monitoring solution in OFA is  integrated with OpenSM.
/>/ >
/>/ > I must have missed this both times (didn't see this in Mark's
/>/ > post) and the statement itself is somewhat inaccurate as well.
/
>/ Private talks - I hope they will speak up for themselves now...
/
Please encourage them to do so.

>/ > > These people do not use OpenSM but do use OFED.
/>/ >
/>/ > I'm not sure I'm following what you mean here.
/>/ >
/>/ > If you mean that some people want to run PerfMgr without the
/>/ > SM/SA aspects (so that they can run a vendor based SM), that
/>/ > is the next thing we are adding to the implementation.
/>/ Exactly. OK when is that coming?
/
Should be part of OFED 1.3.