[ofa-general] OFED July 2, meeting summary on next OFED plans

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Tue Jul 3 11:59:01 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 13:53, Bob Kossey wrote:
> Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> >

> >> HP: Full ConnectX support, installation/packaging changes,
> >> Perfmon independent of OpenSM.
> >>

> > What do you mean by "Perfmon independent of OpenSM" ?
> >
> > -- Hal
> >

> I interpreted from the exchange below that there is a dependency between
> PerfMgr and OpenSM.  If that is not accurate, or if it will be
> eliminated, great.

PerfMgr will support the ability to run without the SM/SA function in
OpenSM but with a "third party" SM (meaning any standard (vendor) SM
which is IBA compliant although this will need testing to confirm that
aspect by those vendors/parties interested in this). PerfMgr will,
however, be part of the OpenSM package. I hope this clarifies the
current intent.

-- Hal