[ofa-general] Compiling SRPT

Vu Pham vuhuong at mellanox.com
Mon Jul 9 09:55:04 PDT 2007

Stanley Sufficool wrote:
>   Compiling on kernel 2.6.21-rc6 from kernel.org Torvald's branch
>
> Got the latest srpt from the git repository on OpenFabrics and had the
> following issues.
>
> ib_srpt.c    Line 1997, missing second argument, should be?
> sdev->scst_tgt = scst_register(tp, NULL);

Yes. You need the change if you test with top of scst svn
trunk (or from version 0.9.6-pre2)
If you test with scst before 0.9.6-pre2 (ie. version <=
0.9.6-pre1) you don't need the second argument for
scst_register()

> SCST was built successfully after fixing an issue in scst_vdisk.c
> (missing #include <linux/sched.h>)

I tested with 2.6.20.x - I have not tested with 2.6.21-rcXX
- you should send the patch to scst devel

> Just thought this would be nice to have documented, took me half a day
> to track down as a novice in C programming.

there is *lean and mean* srpt's README in srpt_inc
SCST also has some document
You can add some wiki/notes for the problems in openfabrics
wiki page https://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php

-vu