[ofa-general] uDAPL Question

Arlin Davis ardavis at ichips.intel.com
Mon Jul 9 11:37:17 PDT 2007

Don Kerr wrote:

> Sorry. I was wrongly lumping port and HCA together.
>
> 2 HCA cards each with 2 ports but only one port on one card is
> operational and by that I mean can be pinged or seen as "UP" when you
> run ifconfig. But both are still listed in the dat.conf.

dat.conf is simply a means of static device registration for providers.
The default dat.conf provided with OFED includes examples for up to 4
ports as well as a bonding example. It is up to the administrator to
modify accordingly. The device is valid and configured properly if the
open returns DAT_SUCCESS.

-arlin