[ofa-general] Compiling SRPT

Vu Pham vuhuong at mellanox.com
Tue Jul 10 09:55:00 PDT 2007

> Added a new wiki page based on Vu Pham's readme and issues with recent
> kernels. I hope to keep it current as I get our targets up and running.

Thanks for doing this.
Please use the latest readme from this link -
http://mellanox.com/pdf/products/software/Gen2_SRPT_README.txt

> http://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php?page=SRPT+Installation
> <https://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php?page=SRPT+Installation>
>
> WinIB initiators --> Gentoo Linux SRP Target.

I mainly test linux initiators with gen2 srp-target. I have
not tested win srp initiator with the target.

> Anything wrong with the above approach, I would be interested in a best
> practices if there is one. I saw a CentOS target post, is this more
> stable or better performing?

There is no difference when you run the same srp target /
scst codes in CentOS or RH/SuSe linux distributions. The
storage back-end will determine the performance

-vu