[ofa-general] RE: OFA website edits

Arlin Davis ardavis at ichips.intel.com
Wed Jul 11 17:04:09 PDT 2007

Roland Dreier wrote:

> > Can we all agree on this process for download locations of
> > packages/libraries and the mechanism to pickup changes? If so, Jeff will
> > go ahead and update the download web page to pick up the links and
> > descriptions automatically.
>
>What's the process we're agreeing to exactly?  I couldn't figure it
>out from the email thread you quoted.
>
>I like the current style of just being able to have a simple link like
>
>    http://openfabrics.org/downloads/libibverbs-1.1.1.tar.gz
>
>Is the proposal to change that?

The proposal was attempting to come up with a method to automatically
link to a package and description file from the download webpage. I have
no problem
targeting http://openfabrics.org/downloads as long as we come up with a
way for the webpage to correlate a description with a package without
hand coding the links everytime. We need to come up with a method for
automatic links to keep our download webpage updated and complete.

What if we add a directory for each project under downloads and provide
a README for a description? Other suggestions?

-arlin