[ofa-general] RE: OFA website edits

Arlin Davis ardavis at ichips.intel.com
Thu Jul 12 12:43:04 PDT 2007

Arlin Davis wrote:

> The proposal was attempting to come up with a method to automatically
> link to a package and description file from the download webpage. I
> have no problem
> targeting http://openfabrics.org/downloads as long as we come up with
> a way for the webpage to correlate a description with a package
> without hand coding the links everytime. We need to come up with a
> method for automatic links to keep our download webpage updated and
> complete.
>
> What if we add a directory for each project under downloads and
> provide a README for a description? Other suggestions?

Here is a stab at what we have today for discussion purposes:

Linux  Libraries:
    - libibverbs -http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/
    - librdmacm -  http://www.openfabrics.org/~shefty/
    - dapl  - http://www.openfabrics.org/~ardavis/
    - management -http://www.openfabrics.org/~halr/
OFED Linux:
    - OFED 1.2 release -
http://www.openfabrics.org/builds/ofed-1.2/release/OFED-1.2.tgz
    - OFED 1.2 binary RPMs for SLES 9.0, SLES 10 SP1, RHEL 4.0 U5  and
RHEL 5.0

http://www.openfabrics.org/builds/ofed-1.2/release/OFED-1.2-RPMS/
    - OFED connectx release -
_http://www.openfabrics.org/builds/connectx/release/_
OFED Linux Archives:
    - SLES 10 OFED 1.0 RPMS - http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/
    - OFED 1.1 release -
https://svn.openfabrics.org/svn/openib/gen2/branches/1.1/ofed/releases/
    - OFED 1.0 release -
https://svn.openfabrics.org/svn/openib/gen2/branches/1.0/ofed/releases/
WinOF for windows:
    WinOF 1.0 release - http://www.oprnfabrics.org/~ardavis/WinOF
1.0/WinOF_1-0.zip
    WinOF source - svn://openib.tc.cornell.edu
     WinOF faq -
https://wiki.openfabrics.org/tiki-index.php?page=OpenIB+Windows

I would like to propose adding project directories under
http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/  where appropriate and give
maintainers access. For example:

http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/verbs (rdreier)
http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/rdmacm (shefty)
http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/dapl (ardavis)
http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/management (sashak)
http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/OFED (vlad)
http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/WinOF (ardavis)
http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/archives (vlad) ??
etc...

Each of these would contain a README that details the contents of the
directory along with WEB_README that provides a short description for
the webpage. Jeff could then automatically parse for directories under
downloads and if it contains WEB_README add a webpage link to the
directory along with the short description.

Jeff, is this possible?

comments?

-arlin