[ofa-general] OpenIB development help

Bharath Ramesh bramesh at vt.edu
Tue Jul 17 09:55:53 PDT 2007

I am trying to migrate my research work to InfiniBand. I was searching
for different resources which would help me in migrating to use
InfiniBand. I couldnt find any technical documentation on how to develop
applications using IB VAPI. The only documentation that closely
resembles an API description is the InfiniBand Architecture release's
Chapter 11 which talks about the software transport Verbs. I tried using
the infiniband/verbs.h and to get some kind of understanding on how to
develop code to use ibverbs.

There are many aspects that one still doesnt understand. I was just
wondering if the development community could help me in providing me
with some resources or pointers so that I can better understand on how
to use ibverbs. I am more interested in using the reliable datagram
transport provided by ibverbs. I am not subscribed to the mailing list,
I would really appreciate it if you could cc me in the reply. I really
appreciate anyone taking time out of their busy schedule in providing me
some help.

Thanks,

Bharath

---