[ofa-general] Command specification of ca_name and ca_port

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Mon Jul 23 18:33:06 PDT 2007

Hi David,

On 09:52 Mon 23 Jul     , David McMillen wrote:

>  There are a standard set of command line options that allow specification of
>  the CA to use for sending the requests.  I'm adding these to programs that
>  don't have them, since they are very useful when diagnosing a node connected
>  to multiple subnets.  Even if you discount multiple subnets on purpose,
>  sometimes this happens when the hardware connecting all of the CA ports to
>  the same place gets broken, and that is when you need diagnostics that can
>  help figure out what is where.
>
>  The standard options are:
>
>        -C <ca_name>    use the specified ca_name.
>
>        -P <ca_port>    use the specified ca_port.
>
>        -t <timeout_ms> override the default timeout for the solicited mads.
>
>  My problem is that saquery already uses -C and -P, although the -t exists
>  for the expected purpose.  Also, ibcheckerrs already uses -t for specifying
>  the threshold file.

I think unified command line options over diags are good thing, so I
guess reasonable renaming should be acceptable.

>  Changing the timeout for ibcheckerrs isn't critical, but not being able to
>  do it doesn't seem right.  However, the saquery command could be really
>  handy for figuring out split fabrics, and is useful to those of us that
>  connect to multiple subnets.
>
>  Does anybody have a useful suggestion?

'-T' for the threshold file? But it is easy part - saquery renames are
less intuitive :(. Probably just lower case? Or special query option
(-q or -Q), so queries could be specified as -qP, -qC?

Sasha