[ofa-general] iSER header

Ethan Burns eaburns at iol.unh.edu
Thu Jul 26 04:11:06 PDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 07:58:18AM +0300, Erez Zilber wrote:

[...]

> I guess that you meant that you're using only the UNH iSCSI target
> (because the iSER initiator should be used with open-iscsi).

Well, we are actually using both initiator and target.  We grabed an
older version of the datamover implementation from the open-iser-target
project and are fitting it to work with both the UNH-iSCSI target and
initiator.  After we get this working, we would like to try and interop
with the open-iscsi implementation.  This is why I was concerned about
the header.

> Will you send patches for iSER soon? I'd like to test it, and make sure
> that iSER over IB is not damaged.

Our patches may not interest you since we are using an older version of
the iSER code.  However, we will also be exploring the use of IB with our
implementations.  Will this require us to use the same non-standard iSER
header in some cases?

Thanks for your help,
Ethan