[ofa-general] OFED-1.2 on x86 debian

Yoshiaki Tamura tamura at osrg.net
Sun Jul 29 17:30:32 PDT 2007

 > Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
 >>> Quoting Yoshiaki Tamura <tamura at osrg.net>:
 >>> Subject: OFED-1.2 on x86 debian
 >>>
 >>> Hi.
 >>>
 >>> I'm trying to install OFED-1.2 on x86 (32bit) debian machine.
 >>> Although build_env.sh seems to work on debian,
 >>> it fails compiling both kernel modules and user land tools by rpmbuild.
 >>>
 >>> Is OFED-1.2 tested on debian or totally unsupported?
 >>
 >> It's not on a list of supported platforms, but I think we do builds
 >> on ubuntu so debian should work too. Vlad?

For some components it seems to work, but not all of them.

 > I have been trying to make it work here on Ubuntu (Debian rebuild) 7.04.
 >
 > Had to hack build_env.sh a little to get it to ignore some of the
 > dependency checking (done by package name, which is not portable across
 > distros).

I removed gcc and zlib dependency checking to build on debian etch.
I could compile user land basic packages, but it failed building dapl.
rpmbuild couldn't find dat.conf.

 > When I tried to do that with ia64 Debian I was directed towards some tar files
 > of the mods rather than the install.sh stuff.  I don't have the pointers at my
 > fingertips, but would assume they remain in the list archives.
 >
 > rick jones

Maybe this page?
http://www.openfabrics.org/builds/

Thanks for your comments.