[ofa-general] QoS RFC

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 09:04:40 PDT 2007

Hi Yevgeny,

On 7/21/07, Yevgeny Kliteynik <kliteyn at dev.mellanox.co.il> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Please find the attached RFC describing how QoS policy support could be implemented in the OpenFabrics stack.
> Your comments are welcome.

A couple of quick questions:

How does this differ from the original RFC posted 5/30/06 ?

What I can see is the following:
1. Updated for not yet released IBTA QoS Annex
2. Use of plain text rather than XML based policy file for OpenSM
Anything else ?

Below, IPoIB is discussed in terms of UD. What about IPoIB-CM ? It
uses CM and has a service ID.

Also, have my specific comments to the patches originally submitted
been addressed ? (Do I need to dig them out again ?) Just wondering...

Thanks.

-- Hal