[ofa-general] Sharing userspace IB objects

Ganesh Sadasivan gsadasiv7 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 09:24:50 PDT 2007

On 6/24/07, Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz at voltaire.com> wrote:

> Ganesh Sadasivan wrote:
> > I have a connection manager running as a separate
> > process from the apps which would be sending/receiving data on QPs. I
> > was hoping to create IB objects via CM and be made sharable to the apps.
>
> Should this process do all connection management or only listen to new
> connection requests and then tell another process to handle it (that is
> create CQ/QP, accept the connection etc)?

I was thinking of doing the former way. But that requires sharing of CQ/QP
etc.
So now going ahead with plan where the CM setups up some minimal set of QPs
through which the clients can send their connection requests and the clients
themselves
handle creation of IB objects like QP, CQ . However there are other cases
where it is
benefitial to share the QPs across multiple processes. So creating IB
objects in shared
memory is useful.

Thanks
Ganesh