[ofa-general] SRP Failover

PN Lai pnlai at galactic.com.hk
Tue Jun 26 02:48:22 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm testing the SRP HA functions, but I have some questions.

I use 2 IB cables to connect the initiator and 1 IB cables to connect to the
storage.

I installed the OFED-1.2, enable the "SRP_LOAD=yes" and "SRPHA_ENABLE=yes"
in openib.conf.

After reboot, it discovers 2 targets /dev/sdbX and /dev/sdcX.

However, I check the /var/log/srp_daemon.log, it shows:

..

26/05/07 17:42:57 : bad MAD status (110) from lid 257

26/05/07 17:43:30 : No response to inform info registration

26/05/07 17:43:30 : Fail to register to traps, maybe there is no opensm
running on fabric

..

But the opensm is running in both machines. I don't know whether it is
normal, or should it only discover a single target?

Now, my question is that if I mount the /dev/sdbX and write data to it, and
then remove 1 of the initiator cable, how the /dev/sdcX will replace the
/dev/sdbX so that I can continue to write the data?

Do I need to configure some extra files?

Thanks for reply.

PN