[ofa-general] SRP Failover

Scott Weitzenkamp (sweitzen) sweitzen at cisco.com
Tue Jun 26 08:58:16 PDT 2007

You need to configure Device Mapper Multipath or some other multipathing
software to get HA.  What OS are you running?

Steps for RHEL are:

1) Edit /etc/multipath.conf and comment out devnode_blacklist (RHEL4) or
blacklist (RHEL5) entry.
2) Run "chkconfig multipathd on".
3) Reboot.
4) After reboot, /dev/mapper should be populated with mutipath block
device entries.
5) You can run "multipath -l" to view the multipath status.

Steps for SLES10 are similar:

1) Run "chkconfig boot.multipath on".
2) Run "chkconfig multipathd on".
3) Reboot.
4) After reboot, /dev/mapper should be populated with mutipath block
device entries.
5) You can run "multipath -l" to view the multipath status.

You use the /dev/mapper block devices, not /dev/sd* block devices.

Scott Weitzenkamp
SQA and Release Manager
Server Virtualization Business Unit
Cisco Systems