[ofa-general] Open Fabrics iWARP Driver for Chesio T3 card

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Wed Jun 27 11:12:16 PDT 2007

Hi David,

Answers below:

david elsen wrote:
> Can someone please let me know:
>
> 1. What is the latest Open Fabrics Driver for the Chesio T3 cards?

The latest chelsio rdma driver is in the ofed-1.2 "gold" release.  That
driver requires firmware from chelsio that is included in their latest
software kit: cxgb3toe-1.0.104.tar.gz.  Contact chelsio to get this.
I'll probably be pulling in a patch series for ofed-1.2 to update the
ofed low level driver, but for now, please use the kit from Chelsio.

I suggest you install OFED-1.2.tgz and then the cxgb3toe-1.0.104 kit on
top of ofed.  This will install the latest low level driver (used by the
  rdma driver in the ofed release) and the latest 4.3.0 firmware.

> 2. Is there any documentation there on The Open Fabrics website to
> install the iWARP driver for the T3 card?

There is a chelsio cxgb3 release note file included in the ofed-1.2
documentation package.

> 3. Is there any documentation describing how to set the iWARP and
> Network interface for the T3 cards?

Same release note file.

Hope this helps.

Steve.