[ofa-general] Open Fabrics iWARP Driver for Chesio T3 card

SEGERS Koen Koen.SEGERS at VRT.BE
Thu Jun 28 02:51:33 PDT 2007

What is the benefit of using the iWARP driver? Do you offload the traffic comming from the cluster directly to the chelsio card (RDMA directly to Chelsio)?

Would it be beneficial to have the iWARP driver installed on nodes that communicate with clients over IP and with other servers (of its cluster) over IB? We are now using SDP as an intercluster protocol, but in the future we are probably going to VERBS for it.

Can we read the documentation on a website somewhere?

Regards,

Koen  Segers

________________________________

Van: general-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org namens Steve Wise
Verzonden: wo 27-6-2007 20:12
Aan: david elsen
CC: general at lists.openfabrics.org
Onderwerp: Re: [ofa-general] Open Fabrics iWARP Driver for Chesio T3 card

Hi David,

Answers below:

david elsen wrote:
> Can someone please let me know:
>
> 1. What is the latest Open Fabrics Driver for the Chesio T3 cards?

The latest chelsio rdma driver is in the ofed-1.2 "gold" release.  That
driver requires firmware from chelsio that is included in their latest
software kit: cxgb3toe-1.0.104.tar.gz.  Contact chelsio to get this.
I'll probably be pulling in a patch series for ofed-1.2 to update the
ofed low level driver, but for now, please use the kit from Chelsio.

I suggest you install OFED-1.2.tgz and then the cxgb3toe-1.0.104 kit on
top of ofed.  This will install the latest low level driver (used by the
  rdma driver in the ofed release) and the latest 4.3.0 firmware.

> 2. Is there any documentation there on The Open Fabrics website to
> install the iWARP driver for the T3 card?

There is a chelsio cxgb3 release note file included in the ofed-1.2
documentation package.

> 3. Is there any documentation describing how to set the iWARP and
> Network interface for the T3 cards?

Same release note file.

Hope this helps.

Steve.