[ofa-general] ipoib performance (and xplot)

Talpey, Thomas Thomas.Talpey at netapp.com
Wed Mar 7 12:04:04 PST 2007

Interesting data. What app are you using to generate the TCP flow,
and what options are you using on it? Also, what are the scales on
the x- and y-axes (seconds and decimal kilobytes)? I have some
comments but they are only speculation without knowing this.

By "800Mb/s" do you megabytes or megabits? For ipoib, 800 megabytes/s
(MB/s) seems very high and 800 megabits/s (Mb/s) seems very low. In my
experience it gets 200-300 megabytes before running out of cpu (checksum
calculations mainly). But I haven't looked at it in a while.

Tom.