[ofa-general] ipoib performance (and xplot)

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Mar 8 12:05:28 PST 2007

you capture the transaction with tcpdump and use a perl script
provided with xplot to convert it into something xplot can
graph.

megabits of course.  so yeah, its pretty awful.  and indeed the recv end
of the tcp connection has saturated the cpu at 100%.  apparently, this
issue is further complicated by my architecture, the ia64.  there doesnt
seem to be an accelerated checksum/copy_to_user.  so the ia64 makes two
passes through the data.  i should have suspected this.

so the xplot graph was right.  the ack's are coming back slow.

thanks!