[ofa-general] OpenFabrics wiki and escaping semicolons (in URLs)

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Tue Mar 20 05:53:55 PDT 2007

On Mar 20, 2007, at 8:24 AM, Hal Rosenstock wrote:

> Is the OpenFabrics wiki TikiWiki ? Any idea on the version ?

Yes.  It looks like it's v1.9.7 (found that by poking around on the
server).

> Is there a way to escape a semicolon ?
>
> For example, if I create a URL with a semicolon as follows:
> [http://git.openfabrics.org/git/?p=~halr/
> management.git;a=blob_plain;f=README;hb=HEAD]
>
> it expands as:
> http://www.openfabrics.org//git/?p=~halr/management.git%
> 3ba=blob_plain%3bf=README%3bhb=HEAD

Actually, it's not Tiki that's hosing you here -- it's the Apache
redirects.

If you use http://www.openfabrics.org/git/...., you'll be ok (Tiki
will render it right and you'll land on the Right page).  If you use
http://git.openfabrics.org/git/..., Apache will detect the vhost
"git.openfabrics.org" and redirect you to "www.openfabrics.org", and
apparently munge special characters as a result.

This is because http://git.openfabrics.org/ is currently being
redirected to http://www.openfabrics.org/.  Is this not the desired
behavior?  If not, we can change it -- would you prefer if http://
git.ofa.org/git/ went straight to the git browser instead of through
www.ofa.org?  (that sounds intuitive to me)

--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems