[ofa-general] [RFC] host stack IB-to-IB router support

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Mar 21 12:55:26 PDT 2007

>If its not my subnet read the DGID from a table (or even a config for
>now)
>And conduct SA query on that one
>On the remote side, add the reverse lookup rather than use the CM REQ
>SLID

Trying to perform SA queries inside the CM protocol/state machine on the passive
side is actually fairly complex.  It's easier to separate that functionality out
and push the responsibility over to the active side, which already issues SA
queries.

That said, speaking with the labs this morning, it sounds like the current
functionality of replacing the SLID/DLID/SL in the CM REQ with data from the
received LRH (in the work completion) is sufficient for their purposes.