[ofa-general] Re: opensm console -what is it?

Ira Weiny weiny2 at llnl.gov
Wed Mar 28 09:23:30 PDT 2007

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:09:23 +0200
Sasha Khapyorsky <sashak at voltaire.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 14:48 +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:

<snip>

> > Hmm .. how does one exit?
>
> You cannot exit from local console, 'quit' will work with remote
> console. If you want just to kill OpenSM you can use ^C.
>
> Sasha

Sasha is correct.  Here at LLNL we are making extensive use of the socket
console to be able to change log levels and other parameters after opensm has
been run as a daemon.

The local console was kept as a feature for developers to make working with
that interface easier.  (And it was there before the socket was added so it did
not cost much.)  I believe all the other commands should work as advertised in
the local mode.

Here is a patch to the help menu of the quit command which should make things
clearer.

Ira