[ofa-general] OpenSM in WAN ring.

Steven Carter scarter at ornl.gov
Fri Mar 30 06:21:18 PDT 2007

The OpenSM man page says that Up/Down routing should be used for
networks with loops.  We have three WAN sites linked with a combination
of Obsidian and Bay IB WAN devices in a ring with an instance of OpenSM
running at each site.  Although I don't think we've seen any ill affects
of not using Up/Dn routing, I assume that I should dutifully obey the
man page.  I intend to run OpenSM with the options '-x -R updn -a' at
each site, then synchronize guid2lid and opensm.opts.  Does this sound
like the correct course of action or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Steven.