[ofa-general] [query] SMI nodeinfo, port_info structures

Keshetti Mahesh k_mahesh85 at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 3 22:04:53 PDT 2007

>SMI has nothing to do with those SM attributes.

Yes you are right. SMI has nothing to do with them right now. But if some other hardware vendor wants to implement the SMA in the host software (like ipath) in future he again needs to implement those structures (nodeinfo and port_info, attributes of SM ) in his driver.
we can avoid this situation (duplicate declarations of same structre) by declaring the above mentioned structures in the core layer.

>What structures (in what file(s)) are you referring to ?

Here I am referring to the structures for some SM attributes like nodeinfo and port_info which are currently declared in ipath driver.

Some fields in those structures have big endian (__bexx) alignment and others
 have CPU  (uxx) alignment.

e.g: in struct port_info  declared in ipath driver (ipath_mad.c), the mkey is declared as __be64 mkey whereas  the local port number is declared as
u8 local_port_num.

-Mahesh