[ofa-general] Re: is there an OFED way to putt VPD from an HCA?

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at dev.mellanox.co.il
Fri May 11 05:40:10 PDT 2007

> Quoting Rick Jones <rick.jones2 at hp.com>:
> Subject: Re: is there an OFED way to putt VPD from an HCA?
>
> Seems that none of those utilities went into Debian, which was the base
> distro I installed, and then on top of which I put the 2.6.21.1 kernel.

If you just want the utility, get it from source:

git clone git.opebfabrics.org/~mst/mstflint.git
cd mstflint
make

and this will generate mstvpd in the current directory.
And then give it the pci device address:

./mstvpd 0000:02:00.0

> course I'm still having that "gcc rpm" not found issue trying to grab the
> whole OFED 1.2 from 5/10, and an attempt to compile the ofa_kernel from
> 5.10 ended-up with some asm related errors which sadly I've not saved, but
> could I suppose recreate.

I think at that date 2.6.21 wasn't yet supported, but should work now.

> At this point I'm not sure if I don't need to lay-down a fresh set of
> kernel sources to allow things to patch correctly.

Whether you need the OFED kernel bits depends on what you need to do,
you certainly do not need them just to look up the vpd.

--
MST