[ofa-general] libibcm compatability problem

Steven Wooding steve.apo at googlemail.com
Thu May 17 14:23:28 PDT 2007

Hi Sean,

I tried to compile the latest libibcm library, but have got stuck on
./configure with the cpp failing it's sanity check. I'm on Scientific Linux
4.3 (aka RHEL 4.3) and have gcc installed.

Could I try and use the OFED 1.1 kernel drivers in 2.6.20 instead of the
in-built kernel drivers? Or would it be better to install the latest
subversion snapshot of the userspace libraries?

It's a very strange installation we've ended up with from our supplier. They
are using the latest kernel ib drivers whilst using OFED 1.0 userspace
libraries. It seems that libibcm is the only library that has a
compatibility problem.

Finally, how much effort do you think it would take to convert a program
that uses libibcm to librdmacm?

Thanks very much for your advice

Cheers,

Steve.